When you get a mistake on your computer, you would generally consider restarting your system. But, what if your computer has crashed? How will you deal with the 0x0000007E system thread exception not handled mistake, which causes the BSOD, i.e. blue screen of death to appear? System thread exception not handled 0x1000007E mistake can obstruct your Windows system in such a way that it would not even begin.
What is system thread exception not handled 0x1000007E error?
System thread exception not handled stop code 0x1000007E usually appears on the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) and this is usually dealt with by Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users. System thread exception not handled error loops the system through the restart and all you can see is the BSOD. For some users, this mistake comes after a few minutes when they boot up their Windows systems and for some, it comes instantly while Windows starts booting. The mistake code 0x0000007E or 0x1000007E is generally caused due to the misconfiguration of drivers.
A dated, incompatible or corrupted driver can get you to a BSOD situation. Some of the common motorists which cause this breakdown are a1600.sys, hdaudio.sys, spuvcbv64.sys, brhostdrv.sys and the graphics drivers cause the system to go into BSOD. System thread exception not handled is likewise noticed on recently overclocked systems that are not configuring the voltage and memory frequency worths with due care.
Why the System Thread Exception Not Handled 0x0000007E error occurs?
Before moving ahead, let’s have a fast look behind the factors that generated System_thread_exception_not_handled Windows 10 mistake The prime factors are the faulty or out-of-date chauffeur and after that overclocking software application. If you have installed any new software and afterwards you are facing this concern, then you should uninstall the software application, the very same is not compatible with Windows 10.
Troubleshooting Tips to fix 0x0000007E error
To fix the 0x0000007E System thread exception not handled with error, one of the first things you need to do is inspect your chauffeurs through the device manager. If you have actually just recently installed any brand-new chauffeur, attempt uninstalling the driver. Check for the updates or spots for that chauffeur and reinstall it.
Often the BSOD will come as quickly as your system begins and you will be unable to go to safe mode. Then the only alternative available with you is to reinstall your Windows OS.
Recently overclocked systems also offer 0x0000007E or 0x1000007E System thread exception not handled mistake. If that happens then check for the voltage and current worths. Attempt reducing down the worths and observe what takes place. Likewise if you have actually increased memory frequency too then attempt reducing it. If none of that works then changed the worths to the default values.
Don’t fret if none of the above troubleshooting techniques worked for you. We have actually pertained to your rescue with a step by step guide which will guide you through all the approaches to solve this error. Offer us a shout-out if any of the above tricks assist you in resolving the error.
How to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Error
Nevertheless, the particular techniques depend on whether the computer system can boot into Windows or Safe Mode.
Here is a tutorial for booting into safe mode
- Boot into WinRE.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options after you enter WinRE.
- Click Startup Settings and wait for a while.
- Press F5 key to choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking alternative, therefore booting into safe mode.
After the computer can boot into Windows or safe mode, you can inspect the system log initially to try to identify the device or chauffeur that is causing system thread exception not managed Windows 10.
Here is a tutorial for checking system log.
- Open Event Viewer.
– Press Windows + R keys.
– Enter “eventvwr” in the run box.
– Click OK
- Determine the device or driver that is triggering blue screen.
– Browse to Windows Logs > System.
- Open Event Viewer.
– Discover the mistake to see details about it.
Surely, in some cases, the offender has been determined instantly. For example, when SYSTEM _ THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error is followed by atikmdag.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, nwifi.sys, or CMUDA.sys, it implies that this mistake is triggered by these driver files.
Atikmdag.sys and nvlddmkm.sys are operating system motorist files related to display card. Nwifi.sys is a motorist file related to network card. CMUDA.sys is a chauffeur file connected with the USB Device Audio capability.
And if the computer can’t boot into Windows or safe mode, you can attempt the following techniques other than fix 1 and 2.
How to fix system thread exception not handled : Update, Roll Back, or Reinstall Drivers
This technique is applied only when the computer system can boot into Windows or Safe Mode. It is utilized to solve chauffeur incompatibility, which can cause Windows 10 system thread exception not handled with error.
Here is a tutorial for upgrading, rolling back, and re-installing chauffeurs.
1. Open Device Manager.
Press “Windows + X” key and Select Device Manager in the pop-up menu.
2. Update, roll back, or reinstall chauffeurs (specifically motorists connected to graphic cards, network card, sound cards, and so on).
- Broaden the directory site and right click a driver to select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software in the pop-up window.
Roll back drivers:
- Broaden the directory site and right click a motorist to choose Properties.
- Skip to Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver.
- Select a reason and click Yes.
- Uninstall device first.
- Discover a motorist on the gadget producer’s website and follow its direction to install it.
How to fix system thread exception not handled : Run Memory Diagnosis
Memory diagnosis will inspect and repair any spotted rational memory problem. Please refer to the following steps:
- Go Into Windows or Safe Mode.
- Carry out memory diagnosis.
- Press Windows + R secrets and type mdsched.exe in to run box.
- Select Restart now and check for problems after the Windows Memory Diagnostic program pops up.
- Wait up until the computer system surface memory diagnosis. This procedure will normally take a few minutes.
- Inspect the lead to Event Viewer.
How to fix system thread exception not handled : Update Firmware
Firmware upgrade can fix existing bugs and some hardware incompatibility issues. It can improve computer system stability. If you can discover the appropriate BIOS variation, you can utilize this technique no matter whether the computer can boot into Safe Mode.
How to update firmware? Here is a brief tutorial.
- Inspect present BIOS version.
- Click Windows Key+ R
- Enter msconfig in run box and click OK button to open System Configuration.
- Avoid to Tools
- Emphasize System Information and click Launch.
- Remember BIOS Version/Date
- Download correct brand-new BIOS version on the manufacture website.
- Plug in USB including the brand-new BIOS variation and enter BIOS to upgrade firmware.
The firmware upgrade is more complex than the above quick tutorial. Please look for more information about it before you really update firmware.
Besides, firmware can resolve IRQ conflict by changing IRQ by hand in BIOS. What is IRQ conflict? IRQ is short for Interrupt Request, which is utilized to stop the working state of related hardware. The variety of IRQ is limited. If two gadgets are configured with the very same IRQ, IRQ conflict may occur.
When it comes to memory conflict, this problem might take place when you plug 2 memory banks in the computer system. You can remove one to resolve it.
Repair System Files
Windows 10 system thread exception not handled with mistake might be caused by damaged system files. You can repair them through running SFC and DISM programs. This method is applicable no matter whether the computer can boot into Safe Mode.
Here is a guide to SFC
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
In Safe Mode:
- Get in command prompt in Windows search box.
- Right click the Command Trigger icon and choose Run as administrator.
When the computer system can’t boot:
Navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow and click Enter key.
SFC command just replaces harmed, lost, or altered system files. If Windows 10 system thread exception not handled mistake continues after SFC, you can run DISM command to restore system files.
Here is a guide to DISM
- Open Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Type the following commands :
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
If the above methods can’t solve stop code system thread exception not handled, you can attempt system bring back to revert your computer to the latest proper version.
Clean reinstallation of OS
If the above techniques can’t resolve system thread exception not handled with Windows 10, you can attempt clean reinstallation of OS to fix it. Some users report that they have actually resolved system thread exception not handled mistake through this technique.
If you perform clean reinstallation of OS, you must use MiniTool Partition Wizard to support or recover information beforehand. Click backup partition for comprehensive steps.
As for tidy set up steps, you can refer to install Windows 10 on a new hard disk drive.
Lastly, you can set the boot sequence in BIOS to make the computer boot up from the new System disk.
You can concern the old disk as a data disk. Surely, if you just want the old disk to be your system disk, you can move OS back after you formatted the old disk. Thus, there is no bothersome file to disrupt the steady operation of operating system.
Uninstall the Recently Installed Program
If you can enter Windows 10 after the system string exception not handled blue display, go as well as uninstall the program you have actually just recently mounted. If you are uncertain which program or solutions or startup creates heaven screen, you can perform a clean boot to figure out the nuisance.
Check and Repair Faulty System Files
Corrupted system data can also result in System_thread_exception_not_handled blue screen error and also numerous various other concerns like that, such as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL mistake, 0x0000003B System_Service_Exception mistake, Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, etc. You can utilize CHKDSK command lines to confirm as well as fix those defective system files:
1. Use Windows shortcut tricks Windows key + X to introduce the Jump Listing, and afterwards choose Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Kind right into the command line CHKDSK C: /F /R and hit the key Enter.
3. Adhere to the direction on display. Windows 10 will restart as well as discover damaged files in system. Simply await a while till it ends up the job.
Source : partitionwizard.com troublefixers.org techbaby.pro devicetricks.com