How to get potatoes in minecraft – Potatoes are a type of plant that may be grown in Minecraft. There are several different varieties of potatoes in Minecraft. Players can eat raw potatoes when potatoes are plucked straight from the ground.
It is possible to eat these potatoes, but they do not provide as many health benefits as a cooked potato. Baked potatoes may be prepared from raw potatoes by baking or roasting them in a furnace or over a campfire.
If a player is raising potatoes to provide food, they should always bake them, as baked potatoes have significantly more health benefits than raw ones.
Potatoes may also be poisonous, which can have harmful side effects if consumed. Poisonous potatoes should only be used to create potions.
Where to find potatoes in Minecraft
Potatoes can be found in villages. Minecraft settlements almost always include farms surrounding them, and a village farm has a 20% chance of producing potatoes.
When searching for potatoes, players should keep an eye on the villages surrounding their own. Finding potatoes via mob drops is another typical approach. When killed, zombies, husks, and zombie villagers have a 0.83% chance of dropping a potato.
If a player is unable to find a village, they may begin killing zombies in the hopes of finding one.
In Minecraft, potatoes are available in the following forms:
How to get a Potato in Survival Mode
In Survival mode, you may gather a potato from the village gardens and add it to your inventory. Let’s get started, shall we?
1. Find a Village in your area.
In Minecraft, villages may be found in a variety of biomes. Here’s a sampling of some of the village structures:
2. Look for the Gardens in the Village’s center.
Look for gardens in a village once you’ve discovered one. Dig up potatoes in the rows of potato that you’ll discover within the gardens.
3. Dig up the Potato Plant, a game in which you must build and defend your potato garden.
The game’s control over digging up the potato plant is dependent on the version of Minecraft:
- On the PS controller, press and hold the R2 button.
- On the gamepad, press and hold the ZR button.
- Press and hold the ZR button on the controller for Nintendo Switch.
- Left click and hold on the potato plants for Windows 10 Edition.
- To fertilize your potato plants, left click and hold on them in the Education Edition.
- To harvest potatoes in Java Edition (PC/Mac), hold down the left mouse button on the potato plants.
- Tap and hold on the potato plants for PC (PE).
- On the Xbox 360 or Xbox One, press and hold the RT button on the controller.
The potato will crack, and a lesser potato will float on the ground.
4. Take the Potato home.
Make sure you collect the potato before it’s gone.
Minecraft is a game about survival, but it can also be used to teach children how to grow their food. Players who are looking for potatoes should look in villages or on the bodies of zombies and other mobs. If you’re not sure where to find them, use our interactive map below!
More Getting Started Tutorials
- How To Make A Potion Of Weakness In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make An Item Frame In Minecraft
- How To Make A Flower Pot In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make Sugar In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make Beetroot Soup In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make Bread In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make Sticky Pistons In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make A Redstone Comparator In Minecraft
- How To Breed Pigs In Minecraft (Update)
- How To Make A Cauldron In Minecraft (Update)