What is Error Driver Power State Failure?
A BSOD appears with an error message or error code. As you are below, that means you have actually come across the error Driver Power State Failing or error code 0x0000009F. Both the mistakes are the same. Usually, when you put your computer on sleep mode, and then wake it back up out of sleep mode, some devices don’t get up in time or they don’t react in any way. When this occurs, the system crashes and shows the error Driver Power State Failing.
Yet, this error can take place because of several other factors too. Sometimes BSOD reveals this error together with the data name that is causing this error. In many cases, it is ntoskrnl.exe
Other factors that can create this error are:
- Faulty NVidia Graphics Card driver
- USB Device Failing
- Startup/booting error
- Error while making use of– Photoshop, Autocad, Kaspersky Anti-virus and McAfee Antivirus.
Driver Power State Failure is a Blue Display of Fatality error and also happens primarily as a result of an inappropriate driver mounted.
Generally Windows users start to panic when they see heaven display of death however in this case, I can inform you that there are some simple steps which you can take as well as fix the Driver Power State Failure in Windows 8.1.
So proceed and follow the tutorial below for a quick fix on this problem. On 99% of the instances, Driver Power State Failure is caused by placing your operating system to sleep mode state. To be more exact you will most likely encounter this mistake message when you attempt to log in to the device.
The mistake is brought on by the power settings or due to the fact that some drivers are having incompatibility issues in the system.
Enter Safe Mode and Remove Just Recently Installed Drivers
To start with, we will need to become part of the Advanced startup of Windows 8.1 by following these steps:
- Go into the BIOS and make certain that the initial boot device is readied to your CD/DVD drive.
- Area the Microsoft Windows 8.1 boot DVD right into the CD/DVD drive.
- Reboot your Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating system.
- When prompt by the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD please boot from the Windows 8 setup media CD by pushing any type of key on your keyboard.
- In the very first home window that shows up after you booted from the Windows 8.1 DVD you will need to left click or touch on the Next button.
- Left click or touch on the Repair your computer system option existing in the next display.
- From the Pick an option home window that shows up left click or tap on the Troubleshoot option.
- In the next window left-click or tap on the Advanced options.
- In the Advanced Options home window left-click or tap on the Command Prompt option.
- Write in the black home window (command prompt) the following: C: without the quotes. Press Enter to run the command.
- Following you will require to compose the complying with in the Command Prompt: BCDEDIT/ COLLECTION DEFAULT BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY. Press the Enter button on the keyboard.
- Write in the command prompt home window the following: EXIT. Press the Enter key.
- Remove the Windows disc as well as restart your COMPUTER.
After doing that, you need to get in Safe Mode as well as remove any type of recently installed drivers. To do that, adhere to these actions:
- When the computer starts after the reboot keep pushing the F8 button on the keyboard.
- Listing of options will certainly appear. Select Safe Mode from the menu.
- When Safe Modes starts, open Device Manager.
- Now uninstall the last drivers you set up just recently by best clicking on them and also and selecting the Uninstall device option.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 typically and also see if you still have the blue display with the exact same mistake message. If the issue lingers, you’ll have to remove an additional lately set up driver. Repeat this step until your COMPUTER start working again
Keep in mind: After you discover the driver that is causing you this blue display you need to examine the producer’s web site for an upgraded version of it that works with your Windows operating system in order to avoid the mistake Driver Power State Failure from showing up once more.
Do an SFC scan
If you’re obtaining Driver Power State Failure message, you could be able to resolve it by performing an SFC scan.
According to users, this trouble is caused by documents corruption, and in order to repair it you simply require to perform an SFC scan. To do that, adhere to these actions:
- Press Windows Key + X to open up Win + X menu and also choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the listing. If Command Prompt isn’t readily available, select PowerShell (Admin) instead.
- When Command Prompt opens, go into sfc/ scannow and press Go into to run it.
- The scanning process will now start. Remember that SFC scan can take about 10 mins, so do not disturb it.
If you can not run SFC scan, or if the scan can not fix the problem, users are recommending to utilize DISM scan instead. To do that, comply with these steps:
- Open Up Command Prompt as administrator.
- Run the adhering to commands:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After running both commands, examine if the issue is solved.
If you were not able to run SFC scan before, make certain to run it after the DISM scan is completed. When you run both scans, the issue ought to be entirely settled and the error message will quit appearing.
Change your Power Settings
Occasionally Driver Power State Failure error can show up due to your power settings. According to users, you could be able to repair this trouble just by disabling particular power settings. To do that, adhere to these actions:
- Press Windows Key + S as well as get in control panel. Select Control panel from the checklist
- When Control Panel opens, locate as well as click Power Options
- Click on Choose what the power button does
- Now click Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Disable Switch off fast startup (recommended), Sleep as well as Hibernate options. Click on Save changes button.
Change your Power Plan Settings
Some users are additionally suggesting to change your power strategy settings. To do that, adhere to these actions:
- Navigate to Power options. Situate your currently selected plan as well as click on Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Now you’ll see a list of settings. Open up the Sleep section as well as make certain that Sleep and also Hibernation are readied to Never. In Power buttons and also cover area see to it that whatever is set to Not do anything. Now click Apply and OK to save adjustments.
- Optional: Set Graphics settings or PCI Express and also Lnk State Power Monitoring to Maximum Performance. Do the exact same for Wireless Adapter Settings.
If you’re using a laptop, users are suggesting to remove its battery and to attaching it to the power outlet.
After making these modifications, Sleep as well as Hibernate features will certainly be totally handicapped and also the problem must be dealt with. If you use these functions regularly, you should attempt a different remedy.
Disable or Remove Your Antivirus Software Application
Anti-virus software application is rather crucial yet in some cases your antivirus can hinder Windows as well as cause Driver Power State Failing mistake to show up.
To repair this issue, we recommend you to temporarily disable your antivirus software program and also inspect if that addresses the problem. If not, you could need to uninstall your anti-viruses software program totally.
In order to remove your anti-viruses software program and all files connected with it, it’s suggested to make use of a committed removal device.
Several anti-viruses companies use removal tools for their software program, so make certain to download one for your anti-viruses.
After you completely remove your anti-viruses, inspect if the concern still persists. Otherwise, install the current version of your anti-virus software or button to a different anti-viruses solution.
Several users reported issues with Avast anti-viruses, but other antivirus software program can additionally cause this issue to appear.
Return your Graphics Card Drivers to the Older Version
Sometimes Driver Power State Failing mistake can show up due to your graphics card drivers. To repair this issue, it’s advised to roll back to the older driver. This is reasonably simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open Up Device Manager.
- Navigate to Display adapters section as well as dual click your graphics card.
image : windowsreport.com
- When Properties window opens, go to the Driver tab and also click on Curtail Driver button.
Wait for the process to finish.
image : windowsreport.com
If Roll Back option isn’t readily available, you’ll need to uninstall your graphics card driver from Device Manager. Conversely, you can utilize Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove all files associated with your graphics card.
After you remove the driver, visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the older version of the driver. After installing the driver, check if the issue is dealt with.
This issue normally affects Nvidia graphics cards, however feel free to try this solution with other graphics cards as well.
Change Power Settings in Nvidia Control Board
According to users, Driver Power State Failure mistake can show up as a result of your power settings. This problem shows up typically while making use of Nvidia graphics, yet you can fix it by following these steps:
- Open Nvidia Control Board.
- In the left pane, select Manage 3D settings.
- In the ideal pane, select your devoted graphics card as Preferred graphics processor. Situate Power administration mode in the listing of settings as well as select Prefer maximum performance.
- Save changes and also examine if that resolves your problem.
- According to users, switching to optimal efficiency repaired this issue for them, so make certain to try it out.
- This mode will certainly use more battery power, so maintain that in mind if you’re using a laptop computer. If you’re utilizing AMD graphics, you can find comparable settings in Driver Control Center.
Change your Device’s Power Options
Occasionally Driver Power State Failure mistake can happen due to your power settings. Several devices can be turned off in order to save power, but sometimes this option can cause this issue to show up. To repair the issue, you require to disable this function by following these actions:
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your network adapter and double click it to open its properties.
- Navigate to Power Monitoring tab as well as uncheck Allow the computer system to turn off this device to save power. Click on OK to save modifications.
After doing that, the issue needs to be entirely solved. Remember that your COMPUTER has several devices that sustain this feature, so you require to disable it for all bothersome devices.
Source : windowsreport.com thegeekpage.com